Prehistoric Safari On D
In a time long ago – before the Seaport was just parking lots, before the pilgrims and the Native Americans, and even before the Green Monster – dinosaurs ruled our city. On Saturday, June 11 from 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm, join us for the return of our Signature Series and embark on a prehistoric safari. You’ll see a 23-foot animated T-Rex, some cool reptiles with Animal Adventures, inflatables, magicians, face painting, puppeteers, life size dinosaurs… and maybe you’ll even spot a Lawnasaurus?
Free and fun for all ages, we’ll have four different cornhole tournaments with Wicked Cornhole and some pretty RAWRsome prizes. Plus, we’ll have food, drinks, special cocktails, live music all day, featuring The Far Out and, local Southie favorite, Thomas Park!
Sponsored by the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. Special thanks to our partners, Citizens and Wicked Cornhole.
(Please note: this schedule is subject to change)
Open Lawn: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Food & Drink: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
• 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm: 23’ T-Rex Animatronic
• 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Inflatables
• 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Face Painting
• 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Baby Dino
• 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Magic around The Lawn with magician Jim MacDonald
• 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Caricatures
• 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Balloon Twisting
• 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Magic show on Pavilion On D main stage with magician Jim MacDonald
• 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Interactive Indominous Rex
• 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Animal Adventures
• 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm: The Far Out
• 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Thomas Park
Wicked Cornhole Tournament
• 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Kids Cornhole - no structure, great for 12 and under. Free play all day!
• 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Leisure Cornhole - open to any social participants or family teams age 12+, prizes, FREE! Check in/register before 12:45. Space is limited. To register you MUST download the SCOREHOLIO app on your phone then go to this link to sign-up >>
• 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Social Tournament - social tournament open to all players 16+, prizes, FREE! Check-in/register by 2:45 pm, bags fly at 3:00 pm. Space is limited. To register you MUST download the SCOREHOLIO app on your phone then go to this link to sign-up >>
• 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Competitive Tournament – Fee required per team ($30). CASH payout to top teams based on total entries!! Check-in by 4:45 pm, bags fly at 5:00 pm. Open to any players. Space is limited. To register you MUST download the SCOREHOLIO app on your phone then go to this link to sign-up >>
We will have special event parking in our South Lot (behind the BCEC) from 10:30 - 5:30. The cost is $25 to park all day and you may exit anytime until the event ends.
General Lawn On D Parking Information
Getting to the BCEC & South Lot Directions