CALENDAR | FUN & GAMES | FOOD & BEVERAGE | RULES OF THE LAWN | FAQ | GETTING HERE
- Open Monday-Wednesday & Friday-Saturday from 7:00am - 11:00pm and Thursday & Sunday from 7:00am - 10:30pm, except when closed for private events - please check our calendar which is updated frequently. - Swings are open whenever The Lawn is open. - Pickleball is currently available whenever concessions are open. Pickleball closes at sunset. Reservations are available and encouraged, but please be courteous to anyone who may be occupying your court at the time of your reservation. Reserve a court: lawnond.pickleplanner.com - Food, Drink & Lawn Games: Thursday 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday 12:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 12:00pm - 10:00pm
This Week on the Lawn
Open Lawn + Concessions/Bar + Lawn Games
1-4: Mo Bounce
DJ MastermindDJ Toto
Reserve your pickleball court: lawnond.pickleplanner.com
(Book starting at noon, 14 days in advance)7:00 am - 11:00 pm 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Pickleball:
12:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Open Lawn + Concessions/Bar + Lawn Games
1-4: DJ Mastermind
5-9: DJ Deaftunez
Reserve your pickleball court: lawnond.pickleplanner.com
(Book starting at noon, 14 days in advance)7:00 am - 10:30 pm 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Pickleball:
12:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Open Lawn7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Can you bring your pooch to The Lawn? We've answered that and more in our compilation of the most frequently asked questions we get about The Lawn On D!
Fun & Games
Large Connect 4
Food & Beverage
Rebel Restaurants owns and operates many of Boston’s most popular restaurants including Temazcal Tequila Cantina, Jack’s Coal Fired Pizza, and Tony C’s Sports Bar & Grill. They bring their restaurant chops to The Lawn On D with an expanded concessions menu that includes grill favorites, wraps, deli sandwiches, salads, snacks, and beverages.
Bacon Cheeseburger* $12
Veggie Burger $10
BBQ Chicken Sandwich $11
Pulled Pork Sandwich $11
Sausage, Pepper and Onion $10
Caprese Sandwich $11
Jumbo Hot Dog $9
Pizza & Snacks
Chicken Tenders $12
Chips and Guacamole $12
French Fry Basket $6
7” Cheese Pizza $8
7” Pepperoni Pizza $9
Tacos, Wraps, Salads
Chicken Caesar Wrap $10
Chicken Bacon Wrap $12
Mezze Vegetarian Wrap $11
Mixed Greens Salad $8
Caesar Salad $8
Chicken Tacos $12
Carnitas Tacos $12
Vegetarian Tacos $11
*All tacos served with chips and salsa
Fried Dough $7
Chocolate Chip Cookies $3
Hoodsie Cup $2
Cookie Sandwich $5
Beer, Cider & Seltzers
Allagash White $9.25
Bud Light $8
Corona Premier $8.50
Harpoon IPA $9
Jack Abby House Lager $8
Sam Adam’s Seasonal $9
Pacifico Lager $8.50
Kona Big Wave $8.25
Michelob Ultra $8.25
Night Shift Whirlpool $9.50
Sam Adam’s Wicked Easy $9
Downeast Cider $10
Truly Wildberry $9
Nutrl Vodka Seltzer $10
Viva Tequila Seltzer $11
Seaport Mule $13
Summer Street Sipper $13
Capriccio Can Red Sangria $11
Capriccio Can White Sangria $11
Titos Blackberry Lemonade $13
Wine by the Glass $9
Prosecco Thommas Gambino $13
Rose Coppola $13
Chardonnay Grayson $13
Pinot Grigio Bianco $13
Sauvignon Blanc Villa Maria $13
Pinot Noir Noble Vines $13
Red Sparkling BBQ $15
Pepsi, Diet Pepsi $4.25
Sierra Mist $4.25
Brisk Iced Tea $4.25
Naked Juice $6
Celsius Energy Drink $6
Reservations for groups with a minimum of 20 people, may reserve tables up to two weeks in advance, on a first come first-serve basis. Reservation tables are available when the bar and Lawn are open to the public (and not closed for a private event), Thursday through Sunday.
Please note that a minimum spend per person will be required when reserving a table. Our high-top reservation tables can accommodate groups of eight guests per table. Guests will be able to pre-order food and have a dedicated server with guaranteed seating in a prime location on our South Concourse next to the Pavilion On D.
To reserve your table and for more information, email Kristen at KBonish@LOD.RebelRestaurants.com. Please provide your preferred date, time & number of anticipated guests.
For groups with less than 20 people, reservations are not accepted.
Do’s and Don’ts
The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) is committed to providing an enjoyable experience for all our guests and visitors.
No pets allowed.
No outside alcohol allowed.
No outside food during concession hours.
While visiting The Lawn On D the following general activities are prohibited:
• Violations of state or local law
• Any activity that threatens the safety of our guests, visitors, and/or employees
• The use of tobacco products and electronic cigarettes
• The possession of weapons including but not limited to firearms, knives, and explosives
• Any activity whose nature would tend to disrupt the legitimate business of the property
• Excessive loitering about the property without any useful business for being present
• Disruptive profanity, vulgar, or threatening language
• Running, horseplay, or disorderly conduct of any nature
• Operating unauthorized and/or recreational personal transportation devices or drones
• Pets and other domestic animals are prohibited at all times with the exception of service animals
• Soliciting money or other contributions or donations, or distributing commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offering samples of items, except with the prior written permission of management
For your safety and the safety of others, guests and their possessions may be subject to inspection as a condition of admittance. The MCCA reserves the final decision on items brought into the venue.
Guests who do not act responsibly may be asked to leave. If they fail or refuse to leave the property, they may be arrested and prosecuted for criminal trespass.
To contact MCCA Public Safety dial 617-954-2222.
What You Need to Know Before Your Visit
1. When do The Lawn On D and Swing Time close and open? When are the swings open?
The Lawn On D is open from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm Monday-Wednesday and Friday-Saturday and 7:00am to 10:30pm on Thursday and Sunday, but please check our Event Calendar for closings and important information. Swing Time is open May 1 through October 31 whenever The Lawn On D is open.
2. When are the lawn games at The Lawn On D available?
Lawn games are only available during concession hours: Thursday from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 12:00 pm to 10:30 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Please check our Event Calendar for closings due to weather and private events.
3. How much does it cost to get in/swing? Do I need tickets? Do I need a reservation?
We don’t charge an entrance fee and all our public events are free – no tickets or reservation required (unless specifically mentioned on our calendar). Swing Time is also free!
4. Are you open today? What time do you close tonight?
Please check our Event Calendar for open hours and closure information.
5. Are there any age restrictions?
All ages are welcome to hang out at The Lawn On D! However, you need to be 21+ to be able to purchase alcohol.
6. Can I bring my dog?
Sorry, pets are NOT allowed at The Lawn On D (with the exception of service animals).
7. Is there any food available for purchase?
Yes, we sell food and beverages provided by Rebel Restaurants. They bring their restaurant experience to The Lawn On D with a concessions menu that includes grill favorites, wraps, deli sandwiches, salads, snacks, and beverages. Concessions are served May through October, on Thursday from 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm (see the Event Calendar for specific dates).
8. Can I bring outside food and drinks to The Lawn On D?
Outside food and beverages are not permitted during concession hours (see Question #7 for concession hours). You ARE allowed to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages when our concession stand is closed.
9. Can I reserve a table for a small group at The Lawn On D?
Yes! Groups of 20 people or more can reserve tables up to two weeks in advance. >> More Info
10. Is smoking allowed at The Lawn On D?
No, the use of tobacco products or electronic cigarettes at The Lawn On D is prohibited.
11. Is there a public restroom at The Lawn On D?
There are restrooms available for public use inside the convention center. Follow the signage posted at The Lawn On D.
12. Is there Wi-Fi at The Lawn On D?
Yes, we have complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi available to all visitors of The Lawn On D.
13. Can I bring my own chair and/or blanket?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring a blanket or a personal lawn chair to The Lawn On D. For movie showings and musical performances only low “beach style” lawn chairs with a seat no higher than 9″ off the ground are permitted to ensure clear sight lines for all guests.
14. What is the exact address of The Lawn On D?
The Lawn On D is located at 420 D Street, Boston, MA 02210. The mailing address for The Lawn On D is 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210.
15. Can I get to The Lawn On D via public transportation?
Yes. The Lawn On D is steps away from the MBTA’s Silver Line World Trade Center stop. It’s also a 15-20 minute walk from South Station, which provides local services via bus and subway (Red Line), and a 30-minute walk from Broadway Station on the Red Line. There is also a Blue Bikes station in front of the BCEC on Summer Street and in front of The Lawn On D on D Street.
16. Is there any parking near The Lawn On D?
There is metered street parking available on D Street and valet parking located at the Lot On D across from The Lawn On D, accessible via the Element Boston Seaport Hotel. Please check the Getting Here section of this page for parking rates and alternative ways to get to The Lawn On D.
17. What do I do if I lost something at The Lawn On D?
Please check our Lost & Found page where you can file a report with our Public Safety Team and get a case ID for any lost item(s).
18. Do you rent out space for weddings and other non-corporate events?
Yes, we do. Please email sales@SignatureBoston.com for rates and availability or submit an RFP or event requirements through our Book Your Event form.
19. When does the season end? When do you close for the winter?
The Lawn On D season ends on October 31 (that includes bar, lawn games, Swing Time & programming). We recommend checking our Event Calendar for the most up-to-date information.
20. Can I make a table reservation for a couple of my friends/family/colleagues?
We do not take reservations for groups under 20 and, in fact, you don’t need one! We have plenty of tables and seating available, both under our main tent and outside on The Lawn.
1. When can I use the pickleball courts?
Pickleball at The Lawn On D is brand new for 2023 and we’re calling it a “pilot-program” as we test things out. Currently, you can use the courts whenever lawn games are out Thursday - Sunday (please refer to the calendar for hours and specific closings).
2. Can I reserve a court?
Yes! You can reserve a court here: lawnond.pickleplanner.com Please see our calendar for availability!
3. Can I bring my own equipment?
Yes, please feel free to bring your paddles and balls, however personal nets are prohibited as they may damage our courts.
4. Do you provide equipment? I don’t have my own paddle.
Yes! When lawn games are out we will also have a supply of pickleball paddles and balls. We also have our own nets.
5. How do I play?
We have signs near the court explaining the basic rules. For more information, visit USAPickleball.org.
Driving directions to The Lawn On D via the BCEC are available in the PDF below, or view and customize based on your starting point in Google Maps.
The address of The Lawn On D is 420 D Street, Boston, MA.
The Lawn On D Powered by Citizens is steps away from the MBTA’s Silver Line World Trade Center stop. It’s also a 15-20 minute walk from South Station, which provides local services via bus and subway (Red Line), and Broadway Station. There is also a Blue Bikes station in front of the BCEC on Summer Street and in front of The Lawn On D on D Street.
There is metered street parking along D Street. Availability is subject to the busyness of The Lawn.
Valet parking is available at The Lot On D across from The Lawn On D next to the Element Boston Seaport Hotel. Please see the valet attendant on Hotel Front Drive to park. This lot is also handicap accessible.
Stay connected at The Lawn On D with free Wi-Fi!