CALENDAR | FUN & GAMES | FOOD & BEVERAGE | RULES OF THE LAWN | FAQ | GETTING HERE
We are excited to welcome you to another fantastic season of The Lawn On D Powered by Citizens! While we are still operating under COVID-19 regulations as set by the State of Massachusetts and the City of Boston, we are happy to WELCOME BACK our famous swings and outdoor lawn games.
- Open daily from 7:00am - 11:00pm (except when closed for private events - please check our calendar which is updated frequently).
- Swings are open whenever The Lawn is open.
- Food, Drink & Lawn Games: Thursday 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday 12:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 12:00pm - 10:00pm
What The Lawn will look like:
- Swings are open whenever The Lawn is open
- Lawn games out whenever the bar is open (hours are listed on the calendar)
- Order food and/or drink directly from the bar
- Live entertainment with local bands on the weekends
- NEW in 2021 - partnering with Castle Island Brewing Co., serving you a selection of their quality draft options!!
- Same rules as before: no dogs; no outside alcohol; no outside food during concession hours. >> Learn more
- COVID-19 protocols in place. >> Learn more
Please note that our operations will change as restrictions lift over the next few months.
This Week on the Lawn
Open Lawn7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Open Lawn7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Open Lawn + Concessions/Bar7:00 am - 10:30 pm 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Can you bring your pooch to The Lawn? We've answered that and more in our compilation of the most frequently asked questions we get about The Lawn On D!
Fun & Games
The ever-popular Swing Time returns to The Lawn On D this season. Swing Time is an engaging set of swings outfitted with solar-powered LED lights that change color when swung at varying speeds and heights. This immersive and visually stunning public work of art interacts with guests and reflects the playful nature of The Lawn On D.
Swing Time 3.0 debuted in July 2016 and includes some design improvements, including a sleeker design that incorporates the attachment point into the shape of the swing. The new swings are fabricated through a roto-molding process, which makes them more robust, but also smooth and seamless.
Large Connect 4
Food & Beverage
Rebel Restaurants owns and operates many of Boston’s most popular restaurants including Temazcal Tequila Cantina, Jack’s Coal Fired Pizza, and Tony C’s Sports Bar & Grill. They bring their restaurant chops to The Lawn On D with an expanded concessions menu that includes grill favorites, wraps, deli sandwiches, salads, snacks, and beverages.
Off The Grill
Veggie Burger $8
Bacon Cheeseburger* $11
Chicken Sandwich $9
Jumbo Hot Dog $7
Sausage, Pepper and Onion $9
California Chicken and
Bacon Wrap $10
Chicken Caesar Wrap $9
Buffalo Chicken Wrap $10
Chicken Caesar Salad $10
Garden Salad $8
Chicken Tenders $10
Guacamole w/Tortilla Chips $10
Nachos w/Cheese and Salsa $8
Cheese Pizza Slice $4
Pepperoni Pizza Slice $5
Potato Chips $3
Ice Cream $3
Premium Ice Cream $5
Chocolate Chip Cookie $3
Madison Park Mobile Café
As part of an ongoing experiential learning partnership between the MCCA and Roxbury’s Madison Park Vocational Technical High School, we are excited to welcome Madison Park’s Mobile Café for another season at The Lawn On D. The 32-foot-long vehicle will be operated jointly by Rebel Restaurants, The Lawn On D’s food & beverage provider, and representatives from the Madison Park culinary program during their summer break. The full service commercial kitchen features quick service food options every Thursday thru Sunday when the Lawn is open to the public.
Health & Safety During COVID-19 at The Lawn On D
Please know that we take our responsibility to keep Massachusetts safe very seriously. Be assured that we have taken the necessary steps to comply with state mandatory safety standards. We are looking forward to having you at The Lawn On D and remain committed to our promise of care & safety, but we will also need your help. By working together, we can keep each other healthy.
What you can expect from us:
- Daily temperature checks of team members
- CDC-recommended cleaning practices: tables/chairs will be disinfected after each visit
- Social distancing – tables will be spaced at least 6 feet apart
- Protective equipment worn by all of our team members
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer stations all around The Lawn On D and in the back of house areas
What we ask of you:
- Use designated entrance and exit locations
- Do not congregate anywhere on The Lawn
- Always wear a mask when not seated at your table
- Give fellow guests their space – keeping at least 6 feet apart
The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) is committed to providing an enjoyable experience for all our guests and visitors.
No pets allowed.
No outside alcohol allowed.
No outside food during concession hours.
While visiting The Lawn On D the following general activities are prohibited:
• Violations of state or local law
• Any activity that threatens the safety of our guests, visitors, and/or employees
• The use of tobacco products and electronic cigarettes
• The possession of weapons including but not limited to firearms, knives, and explosives
• Any activity whose nature would tend to disrupt the legitimate business of the property
• Excessive loitering about the property without any useful business for being present
• Disruptive profanity, vulgar, or threatening language
• Running, horseplay, or disorderly conduct of any nature
• Operating unauthorized and/or recreational personal transportation devices or drones
• Pets and other domestic animals are prohibited at all times with the exception of service animals
• Soliciting money or other contributions or donations, or distributing commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offering samples of items, except with the prior written permission of management
For your safety and the safety of others, guests and their possessions may be subject to inspection as a condition of admittance. The MCCA reserves the final decision on items brought into the venue.
Guests who do not act responsibly may be asked to leave. If they fail or refuse to leave the property, they may be arrested and prosecuted for criminal trespass.
To contact MCCA Public Safety dial 617-954-2222.
What You Need to Know Before Your Visit
1. When do The Lawn On D and Swing Time close and open? When are the swings open?
The Lawn On D is open every day from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm, but please check our Event Calendar for closings and important information. Swing Time is open May through October whenever The Lawn On D is open.
2. How much does it cost to get in/swing? Do I need tickets? Do I need a reservation?
We don’t charge an entrance fee and all our public events are free – no tickets or reservation required (unless specifically mentioned on our calendar). Swing Time is also free!
3. Are you open today? What time do you close tonight?
Please check our Event Calendar for open hours and closure information.
4. Are there any age restrictions?
All ages are welcome to hang out at The Lawn On D! However, you need to be 21+ to be able to purchase alcohol.
5. Can I bring my dog?
Sorry, pets are NOT allowed at The Lawn On D (with the exception of service animals).
6. Is there any food available for purchase?
Yes, we sell food and beverages provided by Rebel Restaurants. They bring their restaurant experience to The Lawn On D with a concessions menu that includes grill favorites, wraps, deli sandwiches, salads, snacks, and beverages. You can see the full menu on our website. Concessions are served May through October, on Thursday from 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm, and Sunday (and Monday holidays) from 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm (see the Event Calendar for specific dates).
7. Can I bring outside food and drinks to The Lawn On D?
Outside food and beverages are not permitted during concession hours (see Question #6 for concession hours). You ARE allowed to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages when our concession stand is closed.
8. Is smoking allowed at The Lawn On D?
No, the use of tobacco products or electronic cigarettes at The Lawn On D is prohibited.
9. Is there a public restroom at The Lawn On D?
There are restrooms available for public use inside the convention center. Follow the signage posted at The Lawn On D.
10. Can I bring my own chair and/or blanket?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring a blanket or a personal lawn chair to The Lawn On D. For movie showings and musical performances only low “beach style” lawn chairs with a seat no higher than 9″ off the ground are permitted to ensure clear sight lines for all guests.
11. Can I bring a cake to The Lawn On D to celebrate a special occasion?
Yes, you may bring a cake when our concession stand is closed. During concession hours, you may bring a cake if you have a reserved table. Cakes should be store-bought and you must have a receipt for the purchase.
12. What is the exact address of The Lawn On D?
The Lawn On D is located at 420 D Street, Boston, MA 02210. The mailing address for The Lawn On D is 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210.
13. Can I get to The Lawn On D via public transportation?
Yes. The Lawn On D is steps away from the MBTA’s Silver Line World Trade Center stop. It’s also a 15-20 minute walk from South Station, which provides local services via bus and subway (Red Line), and a 30-minute walk from Broadway Station on the Red Line. There is also a Blue Bikes station in front of the BCEC on Summer Street and in front of The Lawn On D on D Street.
14. Is there any parking near The Lawn On D?
There is metered street parking available on D Street and a self-pay lot located at the Lot On D across from The Lawn On D, next to the Element Boston Seaport Hotel. The entrance to the lot is on Danby Street. This is the official parking lot of The Lawn On D. This lot is also handicap accessible. Please check the Getting Here section of this page for parking rates and alternative ways to get to The Lawn On D.
15. What do I do if I lost something at The Lawn On D?
Please check our Lost & Found page where you can file a report with our Public Safety Team and get a case ID for any lost item(s).
16. Do you rent out space for weddings and other non-corporate events?
17. When does the season end? When do you close for the winter?
The Lawn On D season ends on October 31 (that includes bar, lawn games, Swing Time & programming). We recommend checking our Event Calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Driving directions to The Lawn On D via the BCEC are available in the PDF below, or view and customize based on your starting point in Google Maps.
The address of The Lawn On D is 420 D Street, Boston, MA.
The Lawn On D Powered by Citizens Bank is steps away from the MBTA’s Silver Line World Trade Center stop. It’s also a 15-20 minute walk from South Station, which provides local services via bus and subway (Red Line), and Broadway Station. There is also a Blue Bikes station in front of the BCEC on Summer Street and in front of The Lawn On D on D Street.
A self-pay lot is available at The Lot On D across from The Lawn On D next to the Element Boston Seaport Hotel. The entrance to the lot is on Danby Street. This is the official parking lot of The Lawn On D. This lot is also handicap accessible.
Current Parking Rates (subject to change):
Credit Card Only
0-30 Minutes: $6
30 Minutes - 1 Hour: $12
1-2 Hours: $18
2-3 Hours: $20
3-24 Hours: $25
Weekday Night (in after 7pm, out before 7am): $15
Stay connected at The Lawn On D with free Wi-Fi!