What You Need to Know Before Your Visit
1. When do The Lawn On D and Swing Time close and open? When are the swings open?
The Lawn On D is open every day from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, but please check our Event Calendar for closings and important information. Swing Time is open May through October whenever The Lawn On D is open.
2. How much does it cost to get in/swing? Do I need tickets? Do I need a reservation?
We don’t charge an entrance fee and all our public events are free – no tickets or reservation required (unless specifically mentioned on our calendar). Swing Time is also free!
3. Are you open today? What time do you close tonight?
Please check our Event Calendar for open hours and closure information.
4. Are there any age restrictions?
All ages are welcome to hang out at The Lawn On D! However, you need to be 21+ to be able to purchase alcohol.
5. Can I bring my dog?
Sorry, pets are NOT allowed at The Lawn On D (with the exception of service animals).
6. Is there any food available for purchase?
Yes, we sell food and beverages provided by Rebel Restaurants. They bring their restaurant experience to The Lawn On D with a concessions menu that includes grill favorites, wraps, deli sandwiches, salads, snacks, and beverages. You can see the full menu on our website. Concessions are served May through October, on Friday & Saturday from 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm, on Sunday (and Monday holidays) from 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm, and on select Thursdays from 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm (see the Event Calendar for specific dates).
7. Can I bring outside food and drinks to The Lawn On D?
Outside food and beverages are not permitted during concession hours (see Question #6 for concession hours). You ARE allowed to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages when our concession stand is closed.
8. Is smoking allowed at The Lawn On D?
No, the use of tobacco products or electronic cigarettes at The Lawn On D is prohibited.
9. Can I bring my own chair and/or blanket?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring a blanket or a personal lawn chair to The Lawn On D. For movie showings and musical performances only low “beach style” lawn chairs with a seat no higher than 9″ off the ground are permitted to ensure clear sight lines for all guests.
10. Can I reserve a table for a small group at The Lawn On D?
Four high-top tables are available for reservation from May through October. Our high-top reservation tables can accommodate groups of eight guests per table. Guests will be able to pre-order food from our public concessions menu* and have a private/dedicated drink server with guaranteed seating in a prime location on our South Concourse next to the Pavilion On D. Tables may be reserved up to two weeks in advance, on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Reservation tables are available when the bar and Lawn are open to the public (and not closed for a private event), Thursday through Sunday.
- *Parties utilizing reservation tables may only order from the Pavilion On D public concessions menu.
- To reserve your table, email Reservations@SeaportCatering.com. Please provide preferred date/time & number of anticipated guests.
11. Can I bring a cake to The Lawn On D to celebrate a special occasion?
Yes, you may bring a cake when our concession stand is closed. During concession hours, you may bring a cake if you have a reserved table. Cakes should be store-bought and you must have a receipt for the purchase.
12. What is the exact address of The Lawn On D?
The Lawn On D is located at 420 D Street, Boston, MA 02210. The mailing address for The Lawn On D is 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210.
13. Can I get to The Lawn On D via public transportation?
Yes. The Lawn On D is steps away from the MBTA’s Silver Line World Trade Center stop. It’s also a 15-20 minute walk from South Station, which provides local services via bus and subway (Red Line), and a 30-minute walk from Broadway Station on the Red Line. There is also a Blue Bikes station in front of the BCEC on Summer Street and in front of The Lawn On D on D Street.
14. Is there any parking near The Lawn On D?
There is metered street parking available on D Street and a self-pay lot located at the Lot On D across from The Lawn On D, next to the Element Boston Seaport Hotel. The entrance to the lot is on Danby Street. This is the official parking lot of The Lawn On D. This lot is also handicap accessible. Please check the Getting Here section of our website for parking rates and alternative ways to get to The Lawn On D.
15. What do I do if I lost something at The Lawn On D?
Please check our Lost & Found page where you can file a report with our Public Safety Team and get a case ID for any lost item(s).
16. Do you rent out space for weddings and other non-corporate events?
17. How does booking entertainment work?
Entertainment is booked through the MCCA. If you are interested in performing at The Lawn On D, please email us at lawnond@SignatureBoston.com to be considered. Your information will be kept on file and you will be contacted directly in case we have available spots and there’s a fit. Due to the large volume of booking inquiries that we receive, we are not able to provide status updates.
18. When does the season end? When do you close for the winter?
The Lawn On D season ends on October 31 (that includes bar, lawn games, Swing Time & programming). We recommend checking our Event Calendar for the most up-to-date information.