Boston has taken the top spot in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 list of “Best Summer Vacations in the USA”. The list ranks destinations based on a number of categories, including: sights, culture, people, food, shopping, family, nightlife, adventure, romance, value, and accessibility.
U.S. News cited Boston’s average summer temperatures in the 60s and 70s; Fenway Park and other historic sites; the North End and Faneuil Hall Marketplace for foodies; numerous breweries; and several festivals.
“These extraordinarily high marks and top rankings didn’t happen by accident.” said Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau President & CEO Patrick Moscaritolo. “This is the result of years of effort by Mayor Walsh, city agencies, the Bureau and our members to position Boston across the globe as a unique, cross-cultural and exciting destination for visitors. Boston in the summer has something for everyone: al fresco dining, kayaking on the Charles, clambakes and camping on the Boston Harbor Islands, our diverse neighborhoods feature summer programming that is fun and interactive for all ages.”
Boston is a top destination year-round. U.S. News also ranks Boston as:
- #1 in Best Weekend Getaways in New England
- #1 in Best Places to Visit in August
- #2 in Best Historic Destinations in the USA
- #3 in Best Summer Vacations (Global)
- #5 in Best Family Summer Vacations
- #9 in Best Places to Visit in the USA
- #10 in Best Weekend Getaways
Check out some of our past blogs for ideas to help you plan your next visit to Boston:
- Boston Summer Favorites: 2018
- Best Places for Networking at Night
- It’s All About the Sports: Sports & Activities in Boston
- Two New International Destinations for Boston Logan International Airport
- Best Bites Before Your Flight
- The North Shore: Massachusetts’ Hidden Gem
- America’s Walking City or America’s Running City
- 12 Boston Landmarks to Visit
- Halloween & Foliage Fun Near Boston
- Winter Activities in Boston
- Fun Facts About Boston and Our Convention Centers
Why Boston? Find out more information on what makes Boston such an internationally appealing city, both for summer vacations and as a meeting destination.