Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality and the owner and operator of TD Garden, last week announced the first major expansion of the iconic Boston arena, which is expected to take up to two years to complete. The $100 million private investment will provide a combined 50,000 square feet of additional space on all levels of the building.
“The Jacobs family’s expansion investment will further the goals to redefine the fan experience and cement the arena’s reputation as an innovator and industry leader,” said Amy Latimer, President of TD Garden. “The ‘Legendary Transformation’ will bring new entry experiences, expanded concourses and gathering areas, new clubs, enhanced food and beverage offerings, and new team locker rooms.”
STARTING THIS SEASON
• New TD Garden Entrance: A grand entrance directly from Causeway Street through The Hub on Causeway
• A new underground pedestrian tunnel connecting the North Station MBTA stop with the North Station Commuter Rail
• North Station Garage Expansion: over 500 additional parking spots have been added to the North Station Garage
• Boston Garden Society: a new brand and redefinition of TD Garden’s membership program, The Premium Club
• Street-to-Seat Experience: an integrated smart technology elevator system (initially available exclusively to Boston Garden Society members), allowing members to scan their ticket at designated private entrances and bypass the main turnstile entrance
STARTING NEXT SEASON
More than 15,000 square feet will be added to the loge and balcony concourses, including additional restrooms, food and beverage offerings, and gathering spaces:
• Rafters: a membership-based party deck with an overview of the action on the court, stage or ice, including an additional row of seating
• Rafters Studios: flexible studio spaces that can accommodate groups of 20-200, featuring a private bar, dedicated bartender, and unique food offerings along with sweeping views
• All-new Back Row Bar: An all-new level has been created just behind the last row balcony seats to house ‘The Back Row Bar’, offering 50 additional seats and fixed bar stools
• Loge & Balcony Concourses: 15,000 square feet of new space will be added, featuring experiential dining spaces with a rotating calendar of pop-up concession stands and grab & go options, pop-up retail stores, communal seating, and more
• New dining spaces: 1928 Club and Society Kitchen + Tap
• LED lighting upgrade
See the full list of upgrades and read the full announcement here.
Leave a lasting impression on your attendees by hosting your private event in a unique Boston space, like TD Garden. TD Garden is located about 3 miles away from both the BCEC and Hynes and offers exceptional private event space for groups ranging from 50 to 15,000 people. Its extensive food and beverage menus create the perfect culinary accompaniment to your experience at the historic home of the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics.
Learn more about our Special Event Venues or explore our Interactive Map to help you find the off-site venues and restaurants best suited for your group.